Sample Event Management Contract Agreement in Nigeria
Here is a sample event management contract agreement between an event management company and a client. You can use this sample to draw up your own contract agreement.
Read: Event Planning Business Plan in Nigeria
Also Read: How to Start an Event Planning Business in Nigeria
CHUBI NIGERIA LTD, a company duly incorporated in Nigeria and having its registered office at 15 Mike Ibe Road,Shomolu Lagos (hereinafter referred to as “the Company” which expression shall where the context so admits include its successors-in-title and assigns) of the one part.
- ABC CONCEPTS NIGERIA LIMITED, a registered business organization in Nigeria and having its principal place of business at 43 Mbonu Ojike Street , Durumi Abuja, (hereinafter referred to as “the Contractor” which expression shall where the context so admits include its successors-in-title and assigns) of the other part.
- The Company is a Leading brewer, brewer marketer and seller of both alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages in Nigeria.
- As part of the Company’s marketing and selling activities, it engages in different forms of promotions and events for its products and requires the efficient and effective management of such promotions and events.
- The contractor is an event management company and is desirous of offering such services to the company, and
- The contractor (an independent contractor) has agreed to provide to the Company and the Company has agreed to receive from the Contractor, the services of trade promotions managers to the Company in one of the Company’s Sales District under the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
1. Commencement and Duration
This agreement has commenced with effect from the 10th January 2017 and shall, subject to the right of termination contained herein, remain in force for a period of twelve (12) months.Subject to satisfactory performance by the Contractor, the Agreement may be renewed annually with or without a review of terms.
2. Duties And Obligations of the Contractor
- To provide personnel to serve as Redemption Clerks for the Company’s promotions as may be required by the Company
- To provide personnel who will serve as hostesses for other trade events, sponsorships and activities of the Company
- To co-ordinate, supervise and manage the said promotions, events, sponsorships and activities .
- To be responsible for the recruitment, training,supervision, remuneration, management, welfare and other employment obligations of the said personnel.
- To ensure that while engaged to carry out the services under this Agreement, the said personnel, who for all intents and purposes, are the staffers of the Contractor, are at all times courteous and decorous when dealing with the Company’s employees and/or customers.
- To ensure that all its personnel are fully and medically tested prior to employment/deployment and at regular intervals thereafter.
- To maintain and enforce strict discipline among its personnel and require them to abide by all rules and regulations as defined by the Company particularly the rules and regulations for each promotion.
- To comply with relevant statutes regarding compensation for its employees including (but not limited to) employee compensation and public liability insurance.
- To carry out other related services that the relevant Company’s Regional Business Manager may require in furtherance of this Agreement.
- The contractor hereby undertakes to comply with all reasonable instructions of the Company for the benefit of the Company for the benefit of the Company’s business and shall not do anything which might adversely affect or jeopardize the Company’s operations.
- The Contractor hereby warrants that it has the necessary expertise and experience to render the services required from it under this Agreement and that it shall render the services and perform its duties under this Agreement in a professional and diligent manner.
3 Duties and Obligations of the Company
The Company shall:
Promptly pay for the services rendered by the Contractor in accordance with payment terms set out in Clause 4 hereof.
Use its best endeavour to facilitate the fulfillment by the Contractor of its obligations under this Agreement .
4 Payment Terms
- The Company shall pay to the Contractor the agreed cost/disbursement per employee supplied . Details of the cost/disbursement shall be contained in the Purchase Order (PO) to be issued to the Contractor for each required The Contractor shall have the responsibility of accounting to the relevant authorities for the PAYE tax and other statutory deductions in respect of the employees’ (Redemption Clerks and hostesses) salaries.
- The Company shall pay the Contractor a Handling Fee of 12% per the cost/disbursement of each employee supplied.
- For other services not involving the use of clerks or hostesses, the Company shall pay to the contractor the agreed costs/disbursements and/or the Fee thereon.
- The handling Fee or any other agreed Fee shall be subject to Value Added Tax (VAT} and applicable Withholding Tax.
- Payment will be effected by the Company within 14 days after the receipt of any invoicing accordance with the following provisions.
- The invoice(s} must clearly reference the PO number(s}, invoice number(s} details of the service provided (including the names of the clerks or hostesses}, the period of time covered and accompanied by other supporting documentations,
- All invoices received will be subject to the Company’s authorization process.
- The Company shall deduct all Withholding taxes and obtain relevant receipts in respect thereof for the Contractor.
- Status and Acknowledgement
The Contractor agrees and acknowledges as follows:
- That it is an independent contractor and shall not act as an agent of the Company over and beyond the duties envisaged by this Agreement or any other subsisting agreement between the Parties nor shall it or any of its servants and agents be deemed to be employees of the Company.
As an independent Contractor, the Contractor agrees that it is not authorized to bind the Company in any manner whatsoever or to make any representations on behalf of the Company, save for such representations as the Contractor is expressly authorised by the Company in writing to make or give.
- That before carrying out any service under this Agreement, it must obtain the written instructions of the relevant Regional Business Manager and an LPO/LWO therefore from the Company. The Contractor further agrees that if it shall fail to obtain an LPO/LWO prior to the carrying out of any service under this Agreement, the Company shall not be obliged to make any payment to the Contractor for such service.
- That except otherwise permitted in writing by the said Regional Business Manager, its services under this Agreement shall be limited to the particular Sales District specified by the Details of the areas to be covered under the District shall be communicated in writing to the Contractor by the said Regional Business Manager.
6. Property Belonging to the Company
On termination of this Agreement for any reason whatsoever or on the conclusion of a particular promotion or event, the Contractor will be required to hand over to the Company all items and property belonging to the Company which are in the Contractor’s possession or under the Contractor’s control. In this regard, the Contractor wa ives its right to exercise any lien on the property in respect of the services it renders in terms of this Agreement.
7. The Company’s General Terms and Condition
Except as otherwise expressly provided in this agreement, the Company’s General Terms and Conditions for suppliers (GTC) annexed hereto as Annexure 1shall be applicable to this Agreement and any purchase order (PO) in furtherance of the Agreement.
Without prejudice to clause 26 of the GTC, the parties hereby agree as follows:
- Either party hereto may terminate this Agreement by giving by giving one (1) month’s notice in writing to the other party so however that such termination shall be without prejudice to the accrued rights and obligations of the parties.
- The above notwithstanding, the Company reserves the right to:
- Determine this Agreement forthwith in the event that the Contractor breaches any of the provisions contained herein.
- Suspend or determine this Agreement in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever .
Sample Event Management Contract Agreement in Nigeria © www.businessplan.com.ng
Leave a Reply