Crèche Business Plan in Nigeria – How to Start a Creche at Home
If you are considering starting a crèche in Nigeria, this is the right article for you. Operating a crèche, aside from its profits offers satisfaction and fulfillment that most businesses do not provide, if you are great with kids and Want a business that can be run from your home, a crèche may be that opportunity you have been looking for.
Lately there has been a rise in the want for crèche or “Daycare” as it is popularly called, reason being that the number of full-time housewives is on a rapid decline, hence there is a growing opportunity for services like daycare center businesses in urban areas especially.
What is a crèche? A crèche is a place where young children are left to be looked after while their parents go on about their businesses. This differs from babysitting which is usually done in the child’s home, services in a crèche can range from simple babysitting to a more formal structure that includes preschool education, child development, discipline. Etc
Also Read: Daycare Business Plan in Nigeria
Also Read: How to Start a Daycare center in Nigeria
Why You Should go into the Creche Business
- People living in urban areas are most likely to need the services of a crèche, as long as the size and number of large cities are on the increase.
- High birth rate –Nigeria has one of the highest birth rate, assuming most parents will be able to afford crèche services, this creates an impressive demand for these services.
- Parents today are becoming aware of the importance of education during the early years of a child’s development. Research has shown that children develop better language and learning skills at the early stage of development.
Reasons Why Should Start a Creche
- As a crèche owner, you are in control of how much money you make on a daily or monthly basis depending on what pattern of income you want to implement; it is your sole responsibility.
- Starting a crèche implies that you will be available to your kids also while also earning income on the side.
- To cut cost, most crèche owners convert their house or part of it pending when they can afford a larger space. With this, rent and transportation has been cut off.
- It doesn’t require special skills, being a good mother, passion for kids are enough criteria to start a crèche.
- There is a growing demand for crèche services, hence there is no going wrong in venturing into this business.
- By creating a crèche ,you would be providing job opportunities depending on the number of intakes, the higher the number of kids, the more likely it is to hire more hands to help.
Factors to Consider When Starting a Creche
If you are inclined to start a crèche, the following factors are to be considered:
- Space and Safety : Space! Space!! space!!! This cannot be over emphasized, with kids, space is a major determinant,they love to move everywhere and it must be well ventilated while at this, the children’s safety should be kept in mind. no parent would want to come back home to an injured child.
- Location: Crèche centers in Nigeria care mostly for pre-kindergaten kids from the ages of 6 months to three years, hence locating the crèche in areas where young working class couples, working class mothers live is a great strategy for this business.
- Licensing: To start a crèche, you have to determine if your house meets the requirement, this is important if you will be taking in kids numbering more than eight, but if its less, licensing won’t be necessary. Although it is advisable that the required forms are processed so you don’t have to be looking over your shoulder at any slight sighting of government officials.
- Decoration of the Creche: For those who would be using their homes, starting a crèche means your home doubles as a business environment and not just for the parents but for the kids, hence proper decoration which would depict it as a daycare ought to be in place. And most of these things do not cost much, things like learning posters of alphabets, animals colorful paintings on the wall. Etc. Choice of name for the crèche too is very important, imagine a 2 year old telling his mum he doesn’t like a particular place just because it is not colorfully painted or lacks an eye-catchy name? These things happens depending on the age range of the kids you would be taking in, you might want to include television and cable.
- Creation of Awareness: Without advertisements , some business are likely to remain stagnant, one cannot compare the mallam or woman selling suya and household items down the street respectively to someone who wants to create a crèche, the former needs little or no advertisements compared to a crèche. A whole kid or kids would be entrusted in your care, you have to create proper awareness, either by word of mouth around the neighborhood or distribution of flyers.
- Staffing: It is advisable to have one or two helping hands, believe me having one kid to attend to is enough work, now imagine seven or more, they need constant attention, hiring more hands helps in this area so you won’t be worn out at the end of the day.
- Develop aValuable Curriculum and Routine: Parents expect a good value for the fees you charge for crèche services. To help the kids develop mentally, work out a routine that engages their curiosity, teaching simple rhymes, letters of the alphabet helps to develop the children and aids their learning ability. If parents see improvement in their kids, they will be quick to recommend you to friends .
- Record Keeping: it is also important to keep accurate records of your client, transactions and events. As such you should have a register that keep tracks of those things.
- Equipments Needed For a Creche
- Wipes and diapers
- Kiddies table and chairs
- Food . Etc
A quick estimation of possible profit – considering that parents pay as much as thirty thousand naira or more for nursery schooling, you could charge… lets say ten thousand naira per month (of course you will be feeding them, and the prices of foodstuff these days are on the high side) multiplied by five kids, that is fifty thousand naira per month. To me this is easy money because this is you doing what you love (as a lover of kids), you are in your comfort zone, and you still have time for your family.
If you are still at a loss of what and how to do, you can visit some of the crèche in your neighborhood to expand your feasibility studies.
Get our sample crèche business plan in Nigeria. To order, pay N10,000 to:
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3066880122
BANK NAME: GUARANTY TRUST BANK (GTB)
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0044056891
After payment, send your full name, email address and topic (i.e. Sample crèche business plan pdf) to 07033378184. Your business plan will be sent to your email within 15 minutes.
Crèche Business Plan in Nigeria – How to Start a Creche at Home © www.businessplan.com.ng
Claire Fyneface says
Cool stuff. Thanks so much