How to Start Mini Importation Business in Nigeria – How to Import Goods Online
Are you currently unemployed and tired of trying to make ends meet by borrowing from friends and family or employed and looking for a side hustle to buttress your income? Congratulations because in this article you will be shown how you can start an importation business without breaking the bank, you will be smiling to the bank in time.
Importation just means the process of bringing in good or services from foreign countries into your home country for sale. You might have been talked into believing that only the rich or government workers are likely to engage in the business of importation, or the closest to importation you can get is by getting these group of people to act as middlemen between you and the foreign company. Times have changed now because with just few personal gadgets, you can import right from the comfort of your room.
You can import about anything from foreign countries as long as they are not contrabands, from laptops, watches, dresses, weaves, household gadgets, children toys, bags, cars, phones etc. and have them delivered to you anywhere around the country. You do not need to be an internet whizkid, millions of naira nor an office to start this business of importation. Gone are those days when you need to have a family friend abroad that can help in sending down goods before you engage in importation.
Also Recommended: Export Business in Nigeria (COMPLETE GUIDE & BUSINESS PLAN)
So many entrepreneurs are out there who engage in importation but most of them do not want to be found out so as not to lose customers, but I am here to tell you, you really do not have to but that phone for seventy thousand naira (#70,000) when you can get it for as low as twenty thousand naira (#20,000). To put this to test compare products from online shops to those on aliexpress , you will be amazed at the large difference in price.
Things you need to put in place before you can start importing
- A laptop or phone that has an internet connection
- A funded bank account because it is from this account you would be debited for whatever goods you would be purchasing.
- A mastercard, depending on your bank or type of account, few banks give out mastercards to specific account, banks like Guaranty trust bank, First city monument bank give out mastercards even to customers with savings current.
- A valid email address, personally I would advise a gmail account
- An account with the prospective company’s website, before you can order for goods on these websites, you have to create an account with them, this is very important.
- A valid address where you can be reached
Steps to Starting Mini Importation in Nigeria
- Have a Particular Product in Mind: Before you delve into importing goods you ought to be able to provide answers to the following questions:
- How well is this particular good in demand
- How do I get buyers?
- Is this particular good cheaper or more costly in Nigeria shops?
If you can answer these questions then you are one step ahead to starting your importation business. Even if the goods are not in demand, you can always create it, for example there was a time the Bluetooth speaker was not common not to talk of being in demand, an individual must have created the demand for it.
- Choice of Online Shop: There are so many online shops at the moment, the likes of aliexpress, Amazon, Asos,Ebay,Ipmart, dhgate etc. each of these shops have their peculiarity from gadgest, bags, household items. I have gotten few things from aliespress, and they delivered within the time speculated, this is not to say other shops are not popular. While choosing your preferred online shop. Be on the lookout for return policy, most provide these services but just to be sure , look for this on their site. The importance of this is that, if by any reason you get delivered to a faulty good, or a product not as described by the seller, you can always return it within a speculated time while the company returns your money.
- Mode of Payment: Mode of payment is always online, and there is never a pay on delivery package, incase you are hoping to hold on to the money pending the goods gets to you. It does not work like that. And payment is usually done using your mastercard, and sometimes a token device to authorize the payment.
- Choice of Goods or Products: Choosing the products you want is dependent on your target market, but for those who have no idea, when you visit these sites you will be sure of seeing links such as “most popular” “ hot deals” “lowest price” and more, these would enhance and help towards what you would be looking for.
- Place an Order: After you must have made your choice of product (s) you can go ahead and place your order. At this point you will be shown the time duration your goods will be delivered, it ranges from fifteen to sixty days (15-60). This depends on if you opted for paid delivery or free delivery, free delivered business tends to take longer tim, but this is more cost conserving , all you need to be is patient and your goods will be delivered
- Marketing of the Products: Pending when the goods will arrive in Nigeria, you can start informing interested buyers about it just to prepare their mind, and as time goes on, some would pay you even before such goods gets to Nigeria
- Tracking of Your Product: By doing this, you would be well informed on where your goods have gotten to, this would placate your mind to an extent, for those of us that are skeptical about online buying of goods.
Advantages of Online Importation
- This saves you from stress of running from one place or another just to mske sure the goods gets delivered
- The probability of being scammed is low compared to person to person
- Your goods will be delivered to a specific address
- You have the chance of choosing the particular product you want from a pool of products
- You can buy any worth you need
- High rate of profit
Get our mini importation business guide pdf now! To place order, pay N10,000 to:
BANK NAME: GUARANTY TRUST BANK (GTB)
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0044056891
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3066880122
After payment, send your full name, email address and topic (i.e. mini importation business guide pdf) to 07033378184. Your business plan will be sent to your email within 15 minutes.
How to Start Mini Importation Business in Nigeria © www.businessplan.com.ng