Poultry Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY FOR POULTRY FARMING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
Poultry farming is one of the most profitable businesses in the world today. And Nigeria is no exception especially when the business is properly set up and managed. Poultry farming in Nigeria presents an opportunity for investors and entrepreneur to make money within the shortest period of time because chickens mature very quickly.
Also Read: Goat Farming Business Plan in Nigeria
Furthermore, food is on the top list of the human basic needs and is cannot be done without in the substance of human life. In Nigeria alone where we have over 185 million people, you will probably find over 70 million people who will buy poultry product on a daily basis.
After conducting a feasibility study on the Abakaliki city in Ebonyi State, we found out that there are only three poultry farms operating in the state capital. As is not enough to meet the market in the city center, poultry products are imported from Enugu, Akwa Ibom and other parts of Nigeria. Because of the increase in the cost of transportation and scarcity of poultry products, farmers find it difficult to meet the consumer’s need.
Considering all the listed factors, our business idea is viable and feasible.
Therefore we have prepared this business plan, feasibility study with financial estimation to protect the business from risk or threat. From our estimations, a capital investment of N16, 895,000 will be needed in assets, expenditure and other expenses to set up and run the business.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUSINESS (Proposal for Poultry Farming in Nigeria)
This business is intended to produce poultry products; chicken eggs, meat and other secondary products which include: hatchery/Incubation of birds, organic fertilizers for farmers and sale of young chicks, etc.
Our birds comprises of broilers and cockerels which falls into the “white meat” category because of its low fat content. This healthy white meat has a growing acceptance in the world and Nigeria as a result of doctor’s prescription.
The Uniqueness of the Product
Though the existing poultry products in the Abakaliki / Ebonyi State market prevails, the product that our farm will offer will be an excellent alternative to consumers because:
- Our livestock will be produced and processed in the most hygienic environment with 0% tendencies to contamination of diseases. Because we will cover all aspects of public health and hygiene.
- Our production will be continuous and regular in other to bridge the gap in the market.
- Despite the cost of our production, we intend to maintain a competitive price that will be favorable to both retailers and the direct consumers.
The main factors behind the establishment of this poultry farming business are the profitable opportunities that are prevalent in the area. These include:
- The demand of poultry products: In Abakaliki town and the surrounding communities, there is a high demand for chicken meat and eggs so much that the existing poultry entrepreneurs are unable to meet their needs on a daily basis.
- Land availability: The cost of land in the Abakaliki area is quite favorable and less expensive when compared with other states.
- Climate: The climate condition in Ebonyi state is known for moderate rain fall in the raining season and moderately cold during the harmattan and this makes the weather favourable for poultry farming.
- Rapid growth of population; The over 1.7 million people residing in the state capital and surrounding cities is a targeted market our poultry farm will serve.
- Very little presence of poultry farming entrepreneurs: In the whole Abakaliki area, there are only three poultry farmers in existence. This means that the majority of poultry products consumed by customers are brought in from Enugu and Akwa Ibom state. And invariably the increase in the price of the product because of the increase in the cost of transportation.
- Health Impact: The increased awareness of the negative health implication of real meat has resulted in the high demand of white meat. And birds (poultry) is a good source of white meat.
Nature of the Industry
We have designed our enterprise to meet the poultry product needs of the country in the long term. However, we intend to do this in stages. These stages is as follows:
Within 1 – 3 Years of Operation.
Focus: Abakaliki Community.
Within one to three years of operation, we will focus and cover on meeting the poultry needs of the immediate Abakaliki community and its surrounding provinces.
Within 4 – 5 Years of Operation.
Focus: Ebonyi State.
Within four to five years of operation, our next goal will be to be able to distribute our poultry products to all communities and local governments within Ebonyi state.
Within 6 – 10 Years of Operation.
We plan to extend our distribution channels to all parts of Nigeria within 6 – 10 years of establishment.
List of Poultry Product(s) to be produced
First Segment Products
The business will produce the following poultry products at the first level:
- Chicken meat (broilers)
- Breeding incubated chicken.
After 20 months of being in businesses, our poultry farm will expand its operations to cover:
- Processing, packaging and marketing of eggs and meat.
- Production of poultry feed.
Objectives, Target and Goals
The objectives, targets and goals of Pat & Co Poultry farm are:
- To provide healthy poultry products to her consumers.
- The reduction of expenditure of customers by maintaining favorable competitive price.
- To generate income and self-reliance for economic independence.
Vision of the Business
Pat & Co Farm plans to be a household name in poultry products in Nigeria within the next 5 – 10 years. Starting from Abakaliki town to Ebonyi state and then to all parts of Nigeria.
Mission Statement and Purpose
To establish a poultry farm that can solve the problem of scarcity in the production of poultry products, meet the need of the society and to create employment opportunities that will bring about sustainable development in Nigeria.
- Buildings (To house the poultry, store and offices)
Equipment and Appliances
- Feeders & Drinkers
- Lighting system
- Cages & coops
- Egg trays
- Buckets & Brooms
- Wheel barrows
- Hatching boxes or Incubators
To Place An Order for a Comprehensive Business Plan on Poultry Farming in Nigeria Pay N10, 000 To:
Bank Name: Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB)
Account Name: Chibuzor Tochi Onyemenam
Account Number: 0044056891
Bank Name: First Bank Plc
Account Name: Chibuzor Tochi Onyemenam
Account Number: 3066880122
After payment, text your name, email address and title of the business plan (e.g. poultry business plan in Nigeria doc) to 07033378184
Find below the table of content of the business plan.
TABLE OF CONTENTS FOR POULTRY FARMING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA.
- Executive summary (this chapter includes: the proposed business name, background information and data collection)
- Description of the business (this chapter includes: mission statement, vision, objectives, targets & goals, list of product offered, nature of the industry and business opportunities)
- Market consideration (this chapter includes: current and potential demand, industrial use of the product, societal and economic characteristics)
- Management team (this chapter includes: key management team, their duties & responsibilities, organizational structure, skills of the business and experience and profile of the key management)
- Technical specifications (this chapter includes: specialized skills and feeds/medication)
- Marketing plan (this chapter includes: reading final consumers, strategies involved in influencing potential buyers, intermediaries and channel of distribution)
- Examinations of critical risks and problems (this chapter includes: financial risk, competitors and market failure caused by uncontrollable factors)
- Financial and economic plan (this chapter includes: source of fund. equipment and assets management, capital involved and financial estimate)
Poultry Farming Business Plan in Nigeria Feasibility Studies © www.businessplan.com.ng