Computer Training Center Feasibility Study in Nigeria
It is almost impossible for one to do without a computer these days. The computer has evolved from being just a business tool to becoming a part of everyday life.
Read: How to Start a Cyber Cafe Business in Nigeria
The basic necessities of life are food, clothing and shelter but allow me to add computers to the list. Computers are definitely the future of mankind. Computers have become so important to man that we practically need them in our daily routine. Computers are needed for the improvement of our lives in different sectors such as schools, hospitals, government organization, banking, media, fashion and many more.
The total population of Nigeria is over 190 million. Statistics also show that over 70% of this population are computer illiterate. These stats simply show that there are millions of Nigerians out there who need to be trained in a computer training school.
All though there are several computer training schools in Nigeria where people get their training from, but most of these computer training schools are inadequate in operation. In fact they are too few compared to the number of people that need to be computer literate. Since there is a high demand for computer operators in Nigeria, therefore investing in a computer training school in Nigeria is a very good and lucrative business idea. In this article we will take a look step by step on how to start a computer training school in Nigeria.
What is a computer training school?
Simply put, a computer training school is a body or an organization that teaches their client (s) on how to maximize the use of computers. On a daily basis there is a constant evolution of existing technology and development of new ones. Majority of staff working in different companies may not have sufficient skills to fully maximize the computer based tools in their fields of expertise. The need for one to continue to develop on their computer skills has created a new opportunity for a computer savvy entrepreneur. This individual has the right amount of computer skills and the ability to impart the knowledge effectively in order to deliver top quality services for his or her clients.
Basically there are four different ways one can run a computer training school.
- Computer training in the home
This form of training involves visiting your client in their various homes to teach them how to operate computers as well as general application of the system to daily life. This type of computer training requires less capital and does not require any office space.
- Corporate computer training
This kind of training requires you to work for corporate bodies. It entails providing training for company staff on particular software, applications, programs, etc. An example of this is an educational institution that hires a computer trainer to tutor their staff on how to use a particular software.
- Regular computer training school
This form of training is the most common way of providing computer training services. It requires the entrepreneur to build or rent a space where the client can receive lectures on the use of computers. The training could be basic or advanced in nature depending on what best suits the client’s needs. This is also the most profitable among all the forms of computer training businesses and also the most capital intensive.
- Internet based computer training
This type of training is really not popular in Nigeria. This kind of training is mainly carried out online. This form of training is very flexible as students can be tutored over the internet anywhere in the world. Also you can sell computer training material such as eBooks, videos, audios and more.
Who can invest in a computer training school?
In order to start a computer training school just like every other business, it is expected that one should possess some certain skills. The individual should also have some bit of experience in training or tutoring individuals. Finally the individual must have raised some amount of money as capital. The next section of this article will expose us to more detailed information regarding what is needed to start this business.
Tips on how to start a computer training school
- Feasibility study. It is important to run a feasibility study regardless of the kind of business you want to start. The computer training school is not one you should start without a feasibility study. You need to make several findings before starting up your computer training business. For example you should find out what your prospective clients need. You should also make contact with entrepreneurs that have gone ahead in the business. Learn from them their successes and failures. This knowledge will help you tailor your services to suit the needs of your customers and rise fast in the business.
- Write a business plan. From your feasibility study you will have information on what you need to write in your business plan. A business plan is necessary in order to start any business as it serves as a guide for your business. Business plan will also help in raising capital from investors or getting a loan from the bank. Finally the business plan helps you run your business when you are not available and it gives you a projection of what the future holds with respect to your business.
- Choose the type of computer training you want to start. It is important for you to know your area of specialization when starting up a computer training school. You can choose any of the types listed above. If you are capable of running all at once, just ensure you have a solid business plan for it.
- Enroll for the relevant trainings. For an individual to run or own a computer training school anywhere in the world there are several courses such an individual must undergo. Through your feasibility you should have an idea about the different certificates you should acquire. These trainings are important as you must be certified to avoid unnecessary embarrassment in the future.
- Register your company. This is one of the most important steps to take in starting a computer training school in Nigeria. This gives your company an edge and also gives you the opportunity to compete with other training school. You should visit the website of the Corporate Affairs Commission to begin your registration. You could also hire the services of a lawyer to help with the process. Asides registering with the CAC you must get other relevant registrations done as well. This is the only way your services can be deemed credible.
- Hire and train your staff. This is one of the most important aspect of setting up a computer training school a computer training school. If you have the wrong staff it is very likely you lose a lot of your customers. If you do not have any form of skills or knowledge on computer training it is advisable you hire someone who is qualified to assist you in running your computer training school.
- Marketing. It is important that after you have done all that is said and done you must put your business in the public eye. You will need to seek for clients and carry out proper marketing. There are several ways you can market your computer training school, you can make use of handbills, social media, television, radio, billboards, etc.
How much do you need to start a computer training school?
These prices are not fixed. They can be high or lower depending on some external factors, such as location, inflation, point of purchase, etc.
- Registration for your business name – #10,000
- Office space – #200,000
- 15 desktop/laptop at #30,000 each – #450,000 or less
- 2 printers at #30,000 each – #60,000 or less
- Generating set –#150,000 or less
- Computer desk for 15 student -#75,000
- At least 2 air conditioning units at #60,000 each – #120,000
- 3 tutors salary at #20,000 each –#60,000
- Lightning and electricals – #20,000
- Miscellaneous – #50,000
Potential total cost = N1, 195,000
Potential profit when setting up a computer training school
The computer training school business is very lucrative. Do you know that you can make as much as #1.3 million in 6 months with just 45 students? Let me show you how.
If you are running 3 sessions daily with 15 students in each sessions for example,
MORNING SESSIONS [8.00am -12.00pm]
AFTERNOON SESSIONS [12.00pm – 4pm]
EVENING SESSION [4.00PM – 8.00PM]
Now if for each session you have 15 students who pay at least #5,000 each in a month for a course of 6 month training. Your potential income in a month would be #225, 000. In 6 months your income would be as much as N1, 350,000.
Things you have to consider before starting up a computer training school
There are so many computer programs out there. You need to be welled skilled and learned in as many computer programs as possible. Some of these programs include, word processing, data base and spread sheet programs, presentation. These programs are being use in almost all standard industries and companies all over the world.
Equipping yourself with knowledge on these computer programs will be profitable for you and give you better chances of growing your business. Although most of these programs are very common, but still most people do not know to make use of them or fully understand there uses.
Your computer training school can provide training on their more advance features. Your computer training school’s ability to provide special advanced features can make you stand out among your other competitors who provide the common programs only. Some of this special advanced program include, Animation programs, publishing platforms and multimedia programs, just to name a few. Providing these services make you standout and also increase your patronage in comparison to your competition.
Ensure you develop a well-defined syllabus. You can do this by checking from other established training schools. The syllabus is needed to help you manage each course efficiently since each course is broken down into modules. Students and instructors need this so each class has specific lessons to be learnt or taught. This way you can be sure that your students enjoy and understand every lesson they are being taught.
Note: You can rent an office space close to a university or any tertiary institution, or any popular business area where there is a lot of human traffic. This will helps your business grow faster.
In conclusion if you are a computer savvy entrepreneur, computer training school is one of the best and very lucrative businesses you can invest in. Asides making profit you will also be investing in peoples’ lives which is the greatest investment of all.
I hope this article has been helpful to you on how to start your computer training school business. Wishing you success.
Hurry now and get your Computer Training Center feasibility study in Nigeria. To place order, pay N10,000 to:
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3066880122
After payment, send your full name, email address and topic (i.e. computer training center pdf) to 07033378184. Your business plan will be sent to your email within 15 minutes.
Computer Training Center Feasibility Study in Nigeria © www.businessplan.com.ng
Leave a Reply