Biscuit Production Business Plan in Nigeria
Our sample Biscuit Production Business Plan in Nigeria can be used to access bank loans, proposal writing and grant applications. This business plan was complied after a proper feasibility study on biscuit production in Nigeria was carried out. Furthermore,this article will be answer the following questions for you in yam production in Nigeria:
Also Read: Bakery Business Plan in Nigeria
- Starting a biscuit business in Nigeria
- Biscuit production process
- Equipment needed for biscuit production
To get your own Biscuit Production Business Plan in Nigeria, pay N10,000 to:
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3066880122
After payment, text your full name, email address and title (biscuit factory business plan pdf) to 07033378184. Your business plan will be sent to your email within 15 minutes.
Biscuits today has become one of the most accessible, highly demanded and consumed snacks around the world. It doesn’t really matter the age range, whether young or adult, our memories are decorated with our favorite brand and the extreme measures we took to acquire them, especially at young age. So many biscuit types (examples: crackers, wafers, shortbread, sweetened, cookies etc.) and brands adorn the market today, sometimes making it extremely challenging in making the right choice.
Biscuits are easily prepared, affordable across all financial class, rich or poor, light and effortlessly conveyed and its consumption as food cuts across the everyday life and events (whether as school snacks, birthday parties or romantic gestures). It is a daily consumed product and in high demand, anywhere in the world. This high demand then makes the biscuit business a great biscuit to venture into. However, the diverse biscuits brands in market today, makes biscuit business a highly competitive one.
You may be asking “How then can I start a successful biscuit business in Nigeria, amidst these competitions?”. Not to worry. Let’s dig down into how to start up a biscuit business in Nigeria and on the journey, you will be armed with necessary step by step guidelines that will help you fulfill this dream.
Market Structure and Prospects for Biscuit Business in Nigeria
Research shows that currently, Nigeria has a yearly consumption rate of about 450,000 – 500,000 metric tons of biscuit and about sixteen manufacturing industries are responsible for these huge production.
The demand for biscuit is constantly on a rise across all age, location or financial capacity. Whether as romantic gestures of about N10,000 for adults or as school snacks of about N10 for kids, the multi-purposed application and affordability of biscuits keeps the business on the rising high daily.
Though the demand on biscuit in high and rising, the supply is also doing same hence, the need to get you ‘A’ game when it comes to production and delivery to become successful in this line of business. From decisive decision making as regarding products, manufacturing delicious unique flavored sweetened, strategic planning, packaging products, marketing to pricing strategy, success in biscuit making business in Nigeria requires excellence, doggedness and determination.
Among the food industries in Nigeria, biscuit business is one of the leading industry because of its endless innovations to types, shapes, flavors, tastes, production technique and improvement to added nutrients in the product.
Although, the foreign products are more expensive, the local biscuit industry have thrived on voluminous profits because they are cheaper and have been successful also in building favorites across all regions in Nigeria.
Important Steps in Starting a Successful Biscuit Business in Nigeria
- GO FOR KNOWLEDGE: Taste as many biscuit varieties you can find and make all necessary findings about new and improved methods that will bring uniqueness to your products. Arm yourself with the knowledge of where to purchase what you need for producing biscuits at cheaper prices in your area and a standby repairer is necessary to be ready for unforeseen surprises that may arise with your technologies hence hampering your consistent production. Also make it a duty to research about the laws that govern food manufacturing in Nigeria to avoid future obstacles and to be safe.
- GET YOUR COMPANY REGISTERED: There are raw foods like fish, palm oil etc. that you don’t need to get licensed for currently in Nigeria. However, processed foods like biscuit requires registration and approval from food governing agencies in Nigeria. These will help keep you in check, secure the safety of Nigerians and also earn the trust of your consumers. These Government regulating agencies are: CAC (for company/business registration), NAFDAC, Standard Organizations of Nigeria (SON), National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) and Federal Ministry of Health. These agencies will provide you the necessary license needed to start your biscuit business in Nigeria.
- DETERMINATION AND ZEST: to go far in this business, you must be determined to go all the way. A successful business startup is not a fool’s errand or child play hence the need to grow thick skin against competitive criticism and learn from them. You must maintain the soldiers quote “No retreat, no surrender” when the market isn’t yet as you predicted. Most times in business, what you have on paper isn’t always what life throws at you hence the zest to never give up no matter what and to keep the picture of the future at heart always.
- STARTUP CAPITAL: in other to commence your biscuit business, you must first know what your startup capital is and go get it. You do not have to start as a big industry and in my opinion the surest way in business is to rise up the ladder because as you rise, you learn. The necessary amount needed to start is therefore needed to be determined and acquired to a successful startup.
- LOCATION: where you site your business is important for several reason. First of all, it determines your first line of conquer. In other words, where you site your business is the first place you gain recognition and patronage. Second, siting your business in an area close to man power, ingredients purchase, power supply and other amenities will help reduce your cost for transportation, save time and make things easier in your production. Imagine, your oven just developed a problem and your repair man is next street to your business. That’s awesome right?
- KNOW THE CURRENT MARKET PRICING OF YOUR PRODUCT: one of the fastest way to grow a business is to find the average price of the biscuit you want to produce, make a more delicious one and find a way to beat the average price. You must be armed with the knowledge of wholesale and retail pricing of your competitors at all times.
- AN EFFECTIVE MARKETING STRATEGY WILL GO A LONG WAY: if you remembered we talked about the competitive structure of the biscuit business in Nigeria. This then emphasizes the need to design killer selling strategies to help to gain recognition and patronage. We are in the online, jet age, light speed era, so the need for online marketing across all significant social media platforms cannot be over emphasized. However, most importantly is your strategy for store to store sales.
- STRATEGIC BUSINESS PLAN: drawing up a strategic business plan cannot be over emphasized. It is in this you know your cost price and profitability index. Your business plan will help you predict what you are most likely to come up against and a strategy in place to coming out on top.
- DEFINE THE PRICING OF YOUR PRODUCT: remember the golden rule I gave you earlier about beating your competitors price. People always like good quality for lesser price. This doesn’t mean that you should break your back and set a price that your production cannot keep up with. It simply means that you should find better ways to produce your biscuit in such a way that it doesn’t cost as much to manufacture and it doesn’t affect your biscuit quality. Hence, giving room for price reduction.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE MEDIA: it is no news that the media is often referred to as the fourth member of the godhead. As the power and influence of the media cannot be contained, in same manner, the possibilities of the influence of your business can be limitless is properly taken advantage of. Whether it is fliers, website ads or social media ads, you can be rest assured that if done properly, your biscuit brand will gain more recognition. However, in my opinion, this should be no means, stop your word to word publicity as it is often the strategy that will open up your locality to you.
- HIRE COMPETENT STAFF: one of the best things you can do for your business is to surround yourself with competent staff known for integrity. You cannot produce biscuits on a large scale alone hence the need for staff. Integrity is needed for accountability and growth.
- PROPER SANITATION: you don’t want your biscuit brand to be known for making people sick. It is a scar you cannot recover from, so spend quality time ensuring and inspecting your environment and the utensils needed for production. Including individual sanitation of your workers. Remember, as the saying goes “cleanliness is next to godliness”.
Types of Biscuits
These are the mainly known types of biscuits in Nigeria:
- Cookies (different types)
- Oat Biscuits
- Simple Original Biscuits
- Chocolate Biscuits
- Sandwich Biscuits
Raw Material and Process Flow for Biscuit Making
Wheat flour is the raw material used in producing biscuit. A supply deal with a wheat flour supplying firm can come in handy. Sugar, ghee, milk powder, yeast, flavors, salt, eatable colors etc. are also required items for biscuit production.
The manufacturing process is conventional and easy:
- Mix the wheat flour with water and other ingredients until dough forms.
- Proper fermentation is needed hence; the dough must be kept under normal room temperature to ferment.
- Cut out the shape and put in biscuit baking trays.
- Place in oven to bake.
- Your product is ready for packaging.
Biscuit Plant Capacity
If for instance you desire to produce Cracker biscuit or Crispy biscuit, your biscuit making plant needs to have installed ability to make 200Kg biscuit in an hour. That then results to about 1,008 Kg per day.
This calculation gives your plant a breather so it only works 8 hours a day, that is 280 days a year, using only about 63% of its installed capacity.
This capacity can then be increased 10% annually summing up to about 5 years in total before full capacity of the biscuit plant is utilized.
This estimate is only given considering the intensive capital needed to commence on a large scale however, you can kick off top gear in few months provided the capital is available.
This proposed biscuit plant will need about 14 well skilled and semi-skilled workers and about 9 administrative workers. Summing up 23 workers.
Requirements and Equipment Needed for Biscuit Production
- Biscuit Business License
- Biscuit Business Brochure
- Biscuit Recipe
- Health Certificate
- Large Baking Pans
- Storage Bins
- Kitchen Space
Machines Needed for Biscuit Production
- Tunnel Gas Oven
- Sandwich Machine
- Oil Spray Machine
- Packaging Machine
- Layout Turning Machine
- Flour Mixer Machine
- Rotary Forming Machine for Hard Biscuit
- Rotary Forming Machine for Soft Biscuit
- Cooling Conveyor
After going through all these, the need for a good mentor who is most likely a veteran in your field is important for proper guidelines and scrutiny until you find your feet. To succeed in this biscuit making business, you will need to dot all I’s and cross all T’s. Not just on paper but in practice also. It is completely challenging to start this business as a novice without a guide.
Also bear in mind that criticism are stones you climb to greatness. Get feedback from your consumers and don’t be defensive. Instead find a good way to improve because if they are satisfied, your business will go to the next level.
Finally, a great secret to building a successful biscuit business is to invest and re-invest. Always make it your priority to re-invest back to the business. More investments mean more production and marketing strategy and this also means more consumption.
As all business people know, more consumption is more profit.
Get your Biscuit Production Business Plan in Nigeria today. To order the business plan, pay N10, 000 to:
BANK NAME: GUARANTY TRUST BANK (GTB)
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0044056891
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3066880122
After payment, send your full name, email address and topic (i.e. biscuit factory business plan pdf) to 07033378184. Your business plan will be sent to your email within 15 minutes.
Biscuit Production Business Plan in Nigeria © www.businessplan.com.ng
Leave a Reply