Aluminum Doors and Windows Production Business Plan in Nigeria
In this day and age, the use of wooden doors and windows is fast fading and paving way for more durable, secure and conventional doors and windows. People these days do not want those old wooden doors and windows hanging around their homes. People crave for better looking, cleaner and more protected homes, shops, schools, offices etc., and Nigerians are not left out of this craving.
Also Read: Building Materials Business Plan in Nigeria
The business of aluminum doors and windows production also known as fabrication is very remunerative, profitable and reliable, because it deals with an all-important component in every building construction. Houses are seen as incomplete if the windows and doors have not been fitted with aluminum made products. Some reasons for the popularity of aluminum doors and windows include:
- Aluminum doors and windows are safe from destruction caused by termite infestation, which is impossible to avoid with wooden made windows and doors.
- Aluminum doors and windows lasts longer and certainly adds aesthetic beauty to buildings.
- Aluminum can be fabricated to produce a variety of beautiful designs.
You may be wandering how aluminum fabrication to produce doors and windows is done. Well, it is not rocket science. Below, is how aluminum fabrication for door and widow production is done.
- Measure length and width of the window or door.
- Cut the glass to make the window or door according to specifications.
- Cut the aluminum frame rails to fit the cut glass.
- The glass is rapped in rubber gaskets.
- The aluminum rails are attached to the rubber gaskets.
- Nuts are then screwed at the corners to attach the rails.
If there is a demand for aluminum doors and windows and you see the continuous availability of the market, then why not be your own boss and start aluminum doors and windows business. In setting up an aluminum door and window business in Nigeria, there are certain basic criteria that needs to be met or given due consideration.
- Get trained: There is a popular saying that you cannot give what you do not have. In order to be successful in this business you need to get trained on its rudiments if you do not know how aluminum fabrication is done. You need to learn and know the types of aluminum materials, the sizes of screws and glasses, all categories of materials and supplementary components needed for the process. You can register as an apprentice with a company that is involved in the business, get the skills and knowledge you need to establish and run your own aluminum door and window fabrication business. You need to be focused and patient while undergoing training. Do not be in a hurry to go and establish your own.
- FEASIBILITY ANALYSIS: Feasibility analysis is the evaluation of a proposed project to determine if it is technically achievable, can be achieved at the estimated cost and if it is going to be possible. A feasibility analysis is usually the initial stage of a proposed business, where you bring all factors ( economic, technological and legal factors), and consider them to see if your proposed business will be possible or not. In simpler terms, feasibility studies answers the question “will this business work”?.
You need to evaluate the economic, technological and legal factors that will influence the setting up of aluminum door and window fabrication business in order to set your business on the path of success.
- Develop a plan for your business: You need to develop a plan for your aluminum fabrication business. Great goals are aspired in every business, but without a business plan, you may not be able to achieve those goals and within the right time frame. Business plan serves as a map that gives direction to a particular destination. Not only does your business success depend a lot on your business plan, but also risks mitigation, because a plan for your business will help you to be prepared for uncertainties that may arise in the future. A business plan hastily done and of poor quality will cause a major misstep in your business. An accurate and effective business plan will not only prepare the long term success of your business, it will also generate good profit for you. Your business plan should include:
- The market available for your products.
- Advertisement strategies and promotions.
- Risks and how to mitigate the risks.
- Opportunities and how they can be maximized.
- Competition in the market.
- Means of managing the business.
- Capital required for the business and
- Your financial plan.
Your business plan therefore should not be seen as not necessary but rather as a priority. If you do not have the skill to write a business plan for yourself, then you can get our sample Aluminum Doors and Windows Production Business Plan in Nigeria today.
To place order, pay N10, 000 to:
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3066880122
After payment, text your full name, email address and title (sample glass and aluminum business plan) to 07033378184. Your business plan will be sent to your email within 15 minutes.
- Study your competitors and learn from others already in the business: You need to study your competitors, what they do and how they do it. Learn from them and watch out for ways you can improve upon already existing products and services. If you can modify and offer better services and products, then do it and be sure to capitalize on this modification. It will pave way for your business.
Learning from those already in the business will go a long way. Yes, it is true a lot of them may not want to talk to you, especially in your choice location where you are setting up your business. So, a way to achieve this is speak with those already in the business but in other locations. Once they are able to ascertain your business set up is not within their location or region, they will be happy to help you as you will not be a threat of competition to their business. You can also get advice from discussions from forums on various social media networks. Make good use of this opportunity, as you will find it very useful.
- Source for funds: Even though you decide to start on a small to medium scale, you still require finance to start off your business. You will need to purchase equipment and materials, which is going to cost some money. You may outsource works like glass cutting needed for the fabrication process if you are not skilled in that aspect. This of course will cost some money too. Also, the space you are buying or renting will involve money, so you have to source for funds. You can borrow from friends or families to raise most if not all the funds required to start up your business. Also, there are investors and financial institutions that are looking to finance entrepreneurs. In order to be successful in your application for financial assistance, you should present a good and accurate business plan.
- Get a place for your business: This is very important. This factor can either make or mar your business. A busy location is good for your business, especially proximity to construction sites. Once contractors appreciate your work, even after the construction work is finished, you will always get customers by referral. In some places, similar business are usually located in a particular area. You may want to consider getting a shop in this area. Though, it increases competition, but you can grow your customer or client base by offering exceptional products and services. Once you provide customer satisfaction for the first time to customers, they will always come back and refer people to you. However, a location with fewer investors is a wise choice for an entrepreneur. The fewer the people, the less competition you have. This is not to say your business should be located in a remote area. Also, your shop should be spacious enough to keep your materials and work tools and also spacious enough to work, otherwise you can create space in front of your shop for carrying out the fabricating work.
If you are working on a tight budget, you can start off from home, however, this will mean more work for you, as you will have to do a lot of talking, advertisements and lobbying for contracts. If you have enough space where you reside, you can display your products for people in the neighbourhood to see.
- Shop for equipment and materials: Some of the major equipment and materials required for this business includes;
- Cutting machine: This is used for cutting the aluminum sheets into preferred sizes.
- Milling machine: This is used for cutting or shaping the aluminum.
- Drilling machine: This is used for drilling hole on the aluminum.
- Screw drivers: They are used to join or couple cut aluminum parts together using nuts.
- Rubber gasket.
- Generator: You will need electricity to power some of your equipment. Owing to the unstable power situation in the country, it will be best to purchase a generator that will be able to power all your equipment needed to function at the same time.
- Aluminum: You need to purchase aluminum for the fabrication process. However, you do not have to stock up much. You can always purchase it based on customer specifications. This helps you to reduce your start up and running costs for aluminum purchases. Also, aluminum can be purchased using deposits made for products, especially when you are dealing with a huge supply.
***Please note that those aforementioned machines should not at anytime be handled by amateurs. They are dangerous, hence should only be handled by experts.
- Register your business: Registering your business is very essential. Whether you talk of registering with approved governmental organisations or associations in your business locality, it gives you the ability to operate your business legally which can give you peace of mind. Also, you can easily take up matters that affect your business legally. Registering your business will also give you prestigious look in the eyes of contractors and customers.
- Staff(s): Depending on how big you’re starting, you may need to employ some hands in the business. Always look out for those who have experience in the business. This business involves production of windows and door based on details and customer’s specifications. Some customers may easily forgive and accept a remedy be made if a work is not properly done. Others may not and this can spoil business for you, because majority of people that patronize this business is based on word of mouth. So be careful with your choice of employees. Also, inexperienced staffs can costs you money apart from spoiling your business image. If a work is badly done, the customer has every right o ask for another or ask for a refund.
- Marketing and advertisement: You need to market ad advertise your business. You can advertise by displaying your finished works in front of your business place. You can also advertise on radio, television, social media networks like Facebook, Instagram etc. You should also encourage referral from customers.
If you cannot market your business, you can employ a professional team that will visit construction sites, areas where massive building projects are going on and other places your products and services will be needed to market your business. If this is properly done, it will increase your customer base. You can also create your own website to market your aluminum doors and windows. Be sure to add pictures of some of your quality work done. You can also strike business deals with contractors and renovating companies for contracts of aluminum doors and windows to be given to you.
Profit in Aluminum Doors and Windows Production Business
First of all, there is a huge market for this business. As of 2016 (two year ago), between 250,000 and 300,000 houses were built according to reports by Real Estates Developers Association of Nigeria (REDAN). Bear in mind that was two years ago and this report covered mostly residential buildings. Now add to this number, hotels, offices, schools and many other buildings ad then you realize the market for aluminum doors and windows is fast growing, especially with the federal government aiming to increase housing units in the country to meet up with the deficit of housing units in the country. Also, renovations and maintenance take place steadily all over the country. This is an eye opener to the always available market for aluminum doors and windows. Now let us look at profitability in the business.
On the average, a 3 by 7 aluminum doors costs #20,000 and a 4 by 4 window costs #10,000. If you get the contract to supply aluminum doors and windows for a building construction with a minimum of 1 door and 7 windows, you will make a total of #90,000 for one building which you can finish with one extra hand working together with you in just two days. This is good business. After removal of labour cost and materials, you can be left with over #30,000 profit for a two days job. If you get such contracts five times in a month, that will leave you with #150,000. Remember, this is an average price, which can be more in other areas where for example 4 by 4 window costs as much as #15,000. Also, this is a price for sliding aluminum window. Casement aluminum windows are more expensive. This therefore gives you an idea about how much profit this business can offer you. However, you have to remember that the quality of your work will determine how much patronage you get which in turn controls your profit.
Tips to Take Home for Your Aluminum Windows and Doors Production Business
- You and your staffs should be polite and display professional conduct always.
- Always aim for customers satisfaction.
- Don’t cut corners by buying inferior materials, you will make more profits for a short time but you may end up losing your customers permanently.
- Your price should be pegged at what is generally accepted in your business location.
- When starting, you may need to bring your price down a bit to attract customers.
- There is no business without competitors anywhere in the world, so in order to be exceptional in this business, you have to offer high quality services and do so at a better rate.
- You can outsource the cutting of the glass for doors and windows if you do not have the equipment nor know how to do it. However, it is not difficult to learn. So, you can learn it and purchase the equipment for the glass cutting.
- It is best to do the work by yourself, especially taking measurements. When this is not possible, be sure to have the work supervised by yourself.
- Be creative and innovative. New ideas go a long way, and customers appreciate creativity.
- If you are fast, trustworthy and reliable, your business will grow faster than you would have ever imagined.
Get your own sample Aluminum Doors and Windows Production Business Plan in Nigeria now! To place order, Pay N10,000 to:
BANK NAME: GUARANTY TRUST BANK (GTB)
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0044056891
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3066880122
After payment, send your full name, email address and topic (i.e. sample glass and aluminum business plan) to 07033378184. Your business plan will be sent to your email within 15 minutes.
Aluminum Doors and Windows Production Business Plan in Nigeria © www.businessplan.com.ng
Leave a Reply