Business Plan Writing Contest
Are you within the ages of 17 to 35 and have an idea or business venture that can create value and provide a drive to the industry or social sector in your locality? Then participate in businessplan.com.ng writing contest and stand a chance to win attractive prizes and be recognized on an international scale.
Entrepreneurial Solutions to Address Developmental Challenges
5 cash prizes of $1000 each
14th September 2018
The business writing contest is open to all college/ university students within the ages of 17 to 35 years
Your business plan should focus on any of the following sectors:
- Social Entrepreneurship/Non-Profit
- Food, Nutrition & Agriculture
- Creative Industry
- Cultural Industry
- Other Services
Important dates in the writing contest are:
- Friday, September 14: Last date for submission of executive summary and full business plan.
- Friday, September 28: Announcement of top 5 winners.
- Monday, October 1 – Friday, October 5: Payment of top 5 winners.
- Your business plan must be financially sustainable and/or profitable.
- Your business plan must be scalable in the long term. Scalability will take into account the potential for growth of the business.
- Operational “early stage” ventures should not have been in operation for more than 3 years. Submitted ventures cannot be wholly owned subsidiaries of already existing business entities
- The business plan must include a financial analysis as well as a Social Impact Assessment (SIA)
- You can form a team to research and execute the project. However, teams can have up to 3 members.
- Submission of the business plan is to be done only as .PDF.
- Submission of financial analysis is to be in Excel sheets.
- Business plan is not to exceed 25 pages plus 5-6 pages of appendices and 1 cover page.
- Business plan must have a cover page, table of contents, page numbers.
- Convert all financial numbers to USD and use metric number system.
- Name your file as follows: business plan, team leader and school (e.g. travel agency, Albert, UAC).
The business plans will be presented to a panel of judges.
Judges review the complete business plans on the following criteria:
- Economics of the business
- Management team
- Concept strength
Entry Fee: None
How to enter the contest
Send you best work to firstname.lastname@example.org lasts by the 14th September 2018, 2300 hrs IST.
Got a query? Send it to email@example.com
Good luck everyone!!